29 January 2012

Anthro Inspired Painted Headboard | DIY

I have been in the market for a new headboard for awhile, and last weekend I went home to Dallas visiting Anthropologie where I became inspired for my newest DIY project.

There was bed at Anthro that had a painted headboard on a large canvas. It was genius! I let this idea brew for a few days and finally made the trip to Hobby Lobby where I found a 48 x 60 inch canvas <on sale too - score!> that was the perfect size for my 60 inch queen bed.
Inspirations that I found on the internet. 
I bought it and somehow managed to fit it in the back of my car. Getting it out was probably the hardest part out of this whole project.

I then began my painting process after researching painted canvas headboards on the internet. I found one I really liked <black and white one> and drew a grid on my canvas to begin the replicating process.




All I needed for this project was the canvas, a ruler, pencil, black acrylic paint and a paint brush.
Total cost: $65


No comments:

Post a Comment